Disclaimer: There are affiliate links in this post. At no cost to you, we get commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
Carpet cleaners, or carpet shampooers, are specialized machines designed to deep clean carpets and rugs more thoroughly than regular vacuums. They use a combination of water, cleaning solution, and suction to lift dirt, stains, allergens, and debris out of carpeting fibers that regular vacuuming leaves behind.
But while these powerful appliances deliver dramatically deeper cleans, they often come with a high price tag, frequently $100 or more – a hefty investment for most households.
That’s why Black Friday provides a great opportunity to save on a quality carpet cleaner. So, keep reading to find the best carpet cleaner Black Friday deals and inside tips.
You’ll be amazed at the money you can save!
Top Black Friday Deals on Carpet Cleaners
The Ultimate Guide to Picking the Right Carpet Cleaner
When choosing a carpet cleaner, there are several key factors to consider:
1. Weight: Ease of Maneuvering
Navigating a carpet cleaner around furniture or hauling it up the stairs isn’t always a walk in the park.
With an average empty weight of around 20 pounds (and up to 30 when filled), these machines can be quite the workout. Some models even tip the scale at a whopping 65 pounds!
For the sake of your back and arms, it’s wise to opt for cleaners under 20 pounds when empty.
If possible, seek out models equipped with wheels or handles, making the transportation process smoother.
2. Tank Capacity: Length of Operation
Imagine this: You’re halfway through cleaning, and suddenly, you run out of solution. Frustrating, right?
The tank capacity of a carpet cleaner is your shield against this annoyance. Most standard cleaners have a one-gallon tank, but if you’re dealing with a larger space, machines with two-gallon tanks might be your friend.
However, it’s essential to remember that the blessing of a larger tank also brings the curse of added weight.
For the best of both worlds, hunt for models featuring separate clean and dirty water tanks. This dual-tank setup streamlines the refilling process and minimizes the risk of any mix-up between the two.
3. Hose Length: Reachability
A hose might just be your carpet cleaner’s secret weapon. It grants access to those tricky spots – stairs, furniture undersides, and more.
An average hose stretches about 8 feet, but some models boast an impressive 12 feet. A longer hose offers more cleaning freedom, eliminating the frequent need to reposition the machine.
If you’ve got a house full of nooks, crannies, and staircases, a carpet cleaner with at least an eight-foot hose should be on your radar.
4. Accessories: Versatility at its Finest
Think of accessories as your carpet cleaner’s toolkit. These attachments open up a world of possibilities, allowing you to address various stains, debris, and surfaces. For instance:
- Rotating brush: This isn’t your average brush. It vibrates, getting deep into carpet fibers to shake out stubborn dirt. It’s a champ at extracting pet hair.
- EdgeSweep brushes: These brushes are stationed on the cleaner’s sides, expertly tackling the edges along baseboards and furniture. Plus, they ensure a neat cleaning process, minimizing mess.
- Upholstery tool: From sofas to car seats, this tool dives deep into fabric surfaces, banishing stains and unwanted scents.
- Stain tool: Accidents happen. When they do, this tool zeroes in on specific stains, be it a splash of wine or an unfortunate coffee spill.
- Crevice tool: Tight spots? No problem. This tool delves into those hard-to-reach corners, ensuring every inch is pristine.
5. Cord Length: Stretching the Limits
Navigating around the house while cleaning can become a real game of “find the outlet”. A short cord can put you in this unplugging-replugging loop, making cleaning a tad bit tedious.
On the other hand, a generously long cord offers convenience, especially in expansive rooms or when navigating through multiple spaces.
A golden rule is to go for those boasting cords of 25 feet or more, especially if your space is on the larger side.
For an added touch, features like retractable cords, cord wraps, and cord clips can be lifesavers. They not only keep cords neat but also prevent potential mishaps during cleaning sessions.
6. Settings: Tailored Cleaning at Your Fingertips
Different stains call for different measures. Carpet cleaners come equipped with varied settings to tackle a range of messes. Features like:
- Dry-only: Handy post-wet cleaning, this setting sucks out extra moisture, slashing drying times and warding off unwanted mold.
- Rinse: This is your carpet’s equivalent of a final rinse after a shampoo. It ensures no leftover solution remains, safeguarding against sticky residues.
- Multi-surface: Swapping between hardwood and carpet? This setting, possibly with an extra tool, has you covered.
- Intensity options (Light/Normal/Heavy): Depending on your carpet’s plight, you can adjust the amount of water and cleaning solution you let loose.
When shopping, look for cleaners with settings aligning with your home’s fabric and flooring nuances.
7. Cleaning Solution: The Magic Elixir
The cleaning solution is like the shampoo for your carpet. It teams up with water, targeting grime, stains, and those pesky smells. There are a few contenders in the game:
- Standard: A jack-of-all-trades, this solution is equipped to handle most carpets and regular dirt. Its arsenal includes detergents, enzymes, and more to restore your carpet’s charm.
- Specialized: Think of these as problem solvers. From wine spills to pet messes, these solutions come armed with unique ingredients that zone in on particular stains.
- Natural: A natural cleaning solution is made from natural or organic, biodegradable, and eco-friendly ingredients. They may contain vinegar, baking soda, lemon juice, essential oils, and other natural substances that help clean and deodorize your carpets.
While some carpet cleaners come paired with a recommended potion, always ensure your chosen fluid is compatible with the machine.
Use the standard solution for routine cleaning, and use the specialized or natural solutions only as needed.
8. Noise Level: The Sound of Clean
We’ve all been there – shouting over the deafening hum of a machine. Most carpet cleaners are guilty of this loud reputation.
However, consistently loud noises, as per the CDC, can be more than just an annoyance; they might have long-term hearing impacts.
If spending hours cleaning, a noise level above 85 dB might not be your best friend. A quieter operation, ideally under 80 dB (similar to your garbage disposal’s hum), should be your go-to.
If that’s not achievable, consider investing in good-quality ear protection such as earplugs or headphones. It might just save your ears some trouble. These devices can lower the noise level by 15 to 30 dB or more depending on their type and fit.
9. Heat and Brush Features: The Dynamic Duo
Imagine pairing a warm bath with a soothing massage. That’s the kind of magic heat and brush features bring to the table when cleaning carpets. A few standouts in this category include:
- Hot Water Heater: Cranking up the water temperature does more than just provide a deep cleanse. Hot water dives deep, tackling stubborn dirt, banishing stains, and evicting those unwelcome bacteria and germs.
- HeatWave Technology: This technology is a feature that uses the heat from the motor to keep the water at a constant temperature throughout the cleaning process. It prevents the water from cooling down and losing its cleaning power as you move along.
- Multi-directional Brushes: These brushes don’t stick to the same old routine. They rotate, pivoting in various directions, ensuring every carpet fiber gets a thorough scrub.
When scoping out your next carpet cleaner, pinpoint these features to match your requirements.
10. Dry Time: When Waiting Isn’t the Hardest Part
After a carpet bath, how long do you wait before it’s back to its fluffy, dry self? Wet carpets aren’t just a squishy inconvenience.
They can become dirt magnets and, worse, breeding grounds for mold. A lot dictates this drying time:
- The cleaning solution and water ratio.
- The machine’s suction prowess.
- The machine’s weight.
- The room’s ambiance in terms of humidity and temperature.
- The fabric and thickness of your carpet.
Trimming down this waiting game involves:
- Surround Suction: Think of this as a 360-degree vacuum, slurping water from every nook, speeding up the drying process.
- Light on its Feet: A lightweight machine isn’t just easy to haul around. It dances lightly on your carpet, allowing it to breathe and dry swiftly.
- Dry-only Mode: This feature is like an encore pass minus the water. It extracts residual moisture, ensuring your carpet’s rapid return to dry land.
And for a drying boost, pre-vacuum, use water judiciously, open windows, employ fans and resist the temptation of stepping on your still-damp carpet.
11. Ease of Use: For Stress-free Cleaning Sessions
Your carpet cleaner shouldn’t feel like a puzzle each time you use it. An easy-to-use machine transforms cleaning from a chore to almost a joy.
A few features to sweeten the deal are:
- Generous Tanks: Size matters! Bigger tanks mean fewer pit stops for refills.
- Auto Magic: The art of mixing detergent perfectly shouldn’t be on you. Machines that auto-mix eliminate the guesswork.
- All-in-one Tool Integration: Switching from floor mode to detailed cleaning? Machines with integrated tools let you do it seamlessly without a jigsaw puzzle of attachments.
- Hassle-free Tanks: Cleaning the cleaner should be a breeze. Tanks that are a cinch to clean ensure no after-stink or gunky residues.
- Easy-to-clean brushes: They can be easily removed and rinsed with hot water, preventing hair and debris from clogging them and affecting their performance.
Additional Tips for Holiday Shopping
Now let’s talk shopping strategy. Here are some tips for finding and taking advantage of the best deals:
- Most Black Friday sales kick off online on Thanksgiving Day and run through Cyber Monday. But you’ll likely see some discounts starting 1-2 weeks before Thanksgiving.
- Create a list of desired models and monitor prices starting in early November. Sign up for price drop alerts from your favorite retailers.
- Check sale flyers from big box stores like Home Depot, Lowe’s, and Best Buy. Warehouse clubs like Costco and Sam’s Club require a membership but often have unbeatable deals.
- Don’t forget to check major online retailers like Amazon, Walmart, Best Buy, and Overstock for Black Friday coupon codes and markdowns.
- Manufacturer websites like Bissell, Rug Doctor, and Hoover sometimes offer direct discounts.
- Look for price-matching guarantees to get the lowest price from select retailers.
- Make a list and stick to a budget. It’s easy to get carried away with impulse buys during Black Friday sales events.
- Keep in mind that most doorbuster-type deals are limited in quantity. Consider ordering early online to avoid missing out on hot deals.
- Even if an item is out of stock, order for delivery later. Retailers will honor the sale price once inventory is replenished.
BFads.deals participates in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.